Flanders has a degree in Criminal Justice and was a detective for the San Francsico Police Dept., specializing in child abuse. She has been a Feldenkrais Practitioner for 20 years. Flanders is an independent filmmaker, educational video producer, published writer and national conference presenter
About Taproot Incorporated
Founded in 1997, this is a small family-owned company.* We are Prevention Program Designers who can capture the attention of today's youth. We specialize in the use of the Media Arts. That means we engineer educational movies, music, stage plays or music videos about the topic your community is focussing on. Whether you need help with drug/alcohol prevention, tobacco, distracted driving or childhood obesity, we can design a project that stars your community members and tackles any problem.
- WE ACTIVELY ENGAGE YOUR COMMUNITY and CO-CREATE with you
- WE GIVE YOU A FINISHED PRODUCT YOU CAN USE REPEATEDLY: Time and cost effective
- WE CAN CO-PRODUCE WITH YOU ON NEW UNIVERSAL TOPICS
- WE OFFER WEEKEND WORKSHOPS TO TEACH YOU HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN PROJECTS THROUGH OUR SPECIALIZED "MOVIEMAKING PROCESS" or The Ability To Reason
- WE OFFER RESEARCHED SCRIPTS FROM PREVIOUS PROJECTS
Interested in learning more?
Nominated to SAMHSA's "Service to Science" Midwest Academy as a Most Promising
The " MovieMaking Process" fulfills all requirements for Best Practices in Prevention Theory and Social Marketing
- Assessment for Learning Style and Developmental Level
1) Connect to people's WANTS, not NEEDS
2) Respond to what motivates people
3) Multiple Approaches
4) Multiple Sources
5) Multiple Timeframes
* We also offer a Logic Model for Economic Growth at the small community level through the use of the Media Arts
Linda Flanders shows a few examples
of successful pilot projects
DOROTHY HALLA-POE Ph.D.
Halla-Poe has degrees in human development, counseling and clinical psychology. She had a career in program development for young adults with traumatic brain injury. Halla-Poe documented the foundation of Taproot's work and early case studies in the book, The Matrix Model, available on Amazon.com She consults on projects and co-writes all scripts.